Thursday, December 5, 2013

Support Systems

I have been completely overwhelmed with the amount of support and encouragement we've received the last few days! It is because of my many families that I have been able to remain upbeat and somewhat calm about the whole situation.
My Family- from aunts, uncles, and cousins both near and far I've had loads of offers for meals, babysitting and even to come stay with me and help change bandages! My Hamilton family has always been strong in the face of adversity and Sam's family (Sagers and Tidswells) has been the same, so getting us all together is a force to be reckoned with.
My Friend Family- The outpouring from our friends has been amazing! When Sam and I got married his friends and my friends became our friends which has lead to an abundance of love and people checking in on us. So many of you have become a part of our family, to the point of Ellie calling you aunt and uncle. We love and appreciate each and everyone of you and feel honored to call you our friends.
My Serrano Family- I feel like I've grown up with so many of you (I suppose technically I have seeing as I first subbed at Serrano almost 10 years ago!) Knowing that I can go to any of you for anything at any time is invaluable. Few people honestly love going to work each day, but I have to say as crazy as teaching can be, knowing that I work with the most amazing, kind, generous and authentic people makes those tough days so much easier. I love the fact that even though some of you have moved to other school sites or retired, you are still considered a part of our Serrano family.
My AVID Family- So four days after my diagnoses, I went down to La Quinta (with my Amazing Serrano AVID Team) for the AVID Site Team Conference for two days. All of the wonderful people I have met through being an AVID Coordinator the last few years were quick to offer any kind of support and help they could.
My Thirty-One Family- These girls are amazing! I have seen several of you out and about this week and it has only reaffirmed my decision to stick with selling Thirty-One. I know you all have my back and will help me in whatever ways you can.

To the rest of you reading, if we have never met, most likely you are part of one of my support system member's support system. Thank you for being there for them.

As we embark on this journey together, please know that I appreciate and value each and everyone of you and though I may lag behind on replying to e-mails, texts or voicemails, or even get behind on updating the Blog, I know that you are there, thinking of us and wishing us the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment