Sunday, April 27, 2014

Meg vs Chemo Round 7


This last Friday (4/25) was my last scheduled Chemo!!

We brought the wonderful nursing staff at Kaiser Fontana Oncology some delicious cookies from MoMosCookies in Eastvale.

It is bittersweet leaving as these ladies took such great care of me and whenever they saw me asked not only how I was doing but asked about the girls and insisted on seeing pictures. I will definitely be popping in for a visit each time I see Dr. Miller.

Amongst all the chaos of treatment my AVID Mentor, Patti Harris, is retiring from the district I work for as AVID liaison. I applied for the job and my initial interview was scheduled for right smack dab in my last chemo. My interview was rescheduled for tomorrow (4/26) at 1:00, so prayers for strength and a clear head would be much appreciated.

I plan on going back to work on 5/12 to wrap up the school year and regain a sense of normalcy before being off for the summer.

Found a great blog entry that perfectly articulates how to help when someone is sick, thought this woman did not have cancer her insight is spot on!  How to be helpful when someone is sick

My upcoming medical schedule looks like this:
5/5- PET Scan at 10:30
5/6- Cora's 2 month check up (with shots)
5/23- Follow-up appointment with Dr. Miller

Sometime in the next few weeks a meeting with my radiation Oncologist to set up my radiation schedule (it will start 4-6 weeks after last chemo)
After radiation I will be meeting with my surgeon to figure out my reconstruction schedule since I can't start that process until 3-6 months after radiation to allow the skin to heal properly.
Because of the spots on my liver I will continue to be monitored through CAT scans until they are gone.

So this entry was a bit random I will close with another huge THANK YOU!!! to everyone for their prayers, cards, support and love that has been sent our way. Also here are a few pictures of Cora (she is already 8 weeks old!!!)

Someone got hungry in the bath
Sleeps with one eye open, just so she doesn't miss anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment