Monday, January 6, 2014

Genetics

So I got my genetics report back. I do not have the BRCA 1 or 2 gene mutation. However the geneticist finds it extremely odd I tested negative and have these three factors
  1) I have cancer at 33
  2) I have Triple Negative Breast Cancer
  3) My grandfather had breast and testicular cancer
So she is taking my case to present at a monthly review to see if there is any other genes that should be tested. At this point I will be having blood tests on a regular basis so what is another couple vials??

The crazy thing is that research in this field is moving remarkably quickly and in even a few short months there may be a new discovery of which genes can lead to a situation like mine.

1 comment:

  1. Mind blown--seriously! Perhaps you can blaze the trail of a new understanding. We love you--were praying and cheering for both you and Baby Sager!

    ReplyDelete