Saturday, February 1, 2014

Meg vs. Cancer round 3

So yesterday was my second round of ACT Chemotherapy.
Baby and I are ready!!
I saw the oncologist first who said my blood counts were excellent, so on to Chemo I went.  It was much quicker this time as I didn't have to wait between each med to check for allergic reactions, I also had no reaction to the Taxotere so was able to get it done much faster and with less Benadryl (not so sleepy).
Adriamycin (I get two) and my awesome nurse Kathleen!
I was not nearly as tired as last time and was feeling much more energetic this morning. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that my first Chemo treatment was only 4 weeks after surgery, so I was not fully back to my energetic self yet.  Even though I feel better, I am still taking it easy and resting as much as possible so I hopefully have more than one week between treatments to get baby stuff ready (only a month and a half left!!!) I see the high risk OB on the 10th to make sure baby is still growing on track and has enough fluid.

Thanks once again for all the continued support, messages, e-mails, FB messages, etc. I don't know how I'd do this without my amazingly awesome and fantastic support system!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, I am always thinking and praying for you. Please let me know if there is anything else you need. You are such a strong woman! Only a month and a half until you deliver-YAY!!!! So excited for you! Keep being strong, and we will continue to pray. I have a new Bible study I am starting at the new Panera on Wednesday mornings so I will have everyone add you their prayer list. There is power in prayer. God bless you Meg....Joan

    ReplyDelete